*S*O*L*D**O*U*T* FABRIC ‘We Can Be Heroes’ Ultimate Family Rave 28 January 2-4:30pm Future Cut//Baker&Beale//HiFi Sean
******This event is now sold out. Please do not buy from strangers online. If you are disappointed not to partying with us at fabric – never fear! – there are lots of other great parties coming up:
Drum & Bass with Aphrodite in a Wood Green brewery on 25 Feb. Two sessions, 3-5pm: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/789671848757?aff=oddtdtcreator and 12-2pm:
then onto Ealing 3 March with Raindance DJ David Minns for some old skool fun: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/793120965157?aff=oddtdtcreator
For Mothers’ Weekend we have two events. One in Hackney 9 March with DJ Luli bringing all things house/techno/trance in our very ravey warehouse venue: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/795941922717?aff=oddtdtcreator
and on Mothers’ Day itself 10 March we debut in the awesome Woolwich Works old firework factory with the mighty UTAH SAINTS!!!:
Lastly in March we have the original junglist Jumpin Jack Frost on 23 March Balham:
Come welcome in 2024 and blow the winter blues away with the Ultimate ‘We Can Be Heroes’ Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave in Fabric with a Superheroes dressup theme.
This time we’ll have Room 1 dedicated to house, disco and techno while in Room 2 it will be a feast of dnb & jungle.
Room 1 Opening with DJs Baker & Beale (Dylan Beale – of Rude and Deadly ‘Godfather of Grime’ fame and Ian Baker – founding Xfm DJ and Jesus Jones) play one of their guaranteed good time sets followed by doyenne of clubs and festivals worldwide HiFi Sean. Sean started his music career in The Soup Dragons so with Iain’s career in Jesus Jones it’s Indie Battle of the Bands but played out on CDJs to pounding house/disco/techno. Last time Sean played he brought the house down with his own mix of Patrick Cowley and is massively in demand for his amazing sets.
Room 2 Making their BFLF debut are original Metalhedz dnbers Future Cut. Drum and bass pioneers turned super producers. Playing the biggest jungle & drum n bass tunes from 94-2004. From their 90s dnb days they now co-write, produce and remix for a whole host of mega stars from Lilly Allen to Pink Pantheress.
BFLF take the banging tunes, unity and escapism you remember from the classic days of rave and bring them to a family audience, celebrating life together on the dancefloor. Created by families for families and by clubbers with decades of experience between them, you can re-live your clubbing glory years with a toddler on your shoulders, a pint in your hand and world-class DJs on the decks.
Families dance amongst confetti cannons, bubbles, foam, giant balloons and everyone joins together for the parachute dance finale.
There’s a Doxa Faces face-painting stall (our excellent face painters charge £8 per face for a child, £10 for adults – only children over 2 can have their faces painted, cards accepted), crafting with Nifty Natty, a giant mural to colour in and the baby chill out zone.
Buggy parking, baby changing facilities and friendly, fully-trained stewards help things run smoothly and safely.
Baker Chef will provide a range of homemade sweet and savoury snacks (cards accepted).
BFLF is primarily aimed at families with 0-8 year olds but older siblings are welcome.
Fancy dress (optional): superheroes from DC to Dangermouse
Tickets are bound to sell fast for this incredible event. Excelsior!
‘reliably excellent’ The Guardian
‘credible music…magical’ Time Out 101 Things to do with Kids in London
‘The best thing we do together as a family’ BFLF Regular
‘The best day of my life’ BFLF 6 year old attendee
Six-time Winner of the Audience Choice Prize at the Family Arts Festival Awards. As seen and head on BBC Music Biggest Weekend, BBC News, BBC 6Music, PopSugar, Evening Standard, The Guardian, The Sunday Times, Glastonbury Festival, Victoria & Albert Museum, Alexandra Palace and National Gallery. Best Family Music – Festival Kidz 2023
Please note: A maximum of 3 children per one adult. For more than two family groups please one adult to two children. All members of group – however young – MUST have a ticket. No only adult groups permitted.
NB fabric is not fully accessible and there are many stair cases internally. Those with mobilty issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice. The buggy park is also downstairs – if possible do not bring a buggy.
Terms and Conditions
Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome.
- Adult only groups are not admitted. If an adult in your group is arriving later alone then an already scanned in adulty must come to the door to vouch for them. Reception in Fabric is patchy so we STRONGLY recommend arriving together.
- A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a large party (more than two families) please ensure one adult to two children minimum.
- If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email email@example.com for pre-approval before buying tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred/sold on. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have tickets to sell for a sold out event and we will offer to the waiting list. We do not use secondary ticketting sites and do not buy online from people you do not know.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed).
- The event will be busy with hundreds of people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating.
- There will be low lighting (no strobes) so please allow a few minutes for your eyes to adjust when entering.
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
- Buggies must be left in buggy park outside the event space and will not be allowed on the dance floor.
- A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted.
- We and Kickers may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF or Kickers or fabric promotion purposes.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages welcome but acitivities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
How Loud will it be?
BFLF sets and monitors the volume using World Health Organisation guidelines – so that is it at a safe level for everyone, even the youngest babies, over the 2 and a half hour duration of the event. Though quieter than at adult events, it is still loud enough to feel like you are at a club. Most parents do not use ear defenders on their children but if yours are particularly sensitive to noise or if you want them to nap then you might want to consider it.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What’s the refund policy?
There is a no refund policy but if you are unable to attend you may sell your tickets to someone else. If well in advance of a sold out event please email email@example.com so we can try and match you with someone on the waiting list.