SHREWSBURY Big Fish Little Fish Intergalactic Family Space Rave – ALTERN8
The original family rave is touching down at The Buttermarket for an out-of-this-world family rave!
Get ready to dance around your space boots to iconic electronic rave tracks from Altern8 (Move your body, E-Vapor-8) with bursts of bubbles, balloons, confetti cannons and snow foam!
‘Reliably excellent’ – The Guardian
“Worth birthing a baby for” – Lindsey Santoro, BFLF First Timer
All ages are very welcome, but activities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind.
There will be…..
- Multi-sensory dancefloor filled with confetti cannons, bubbles, snow, balloons and our fab parachute dance finale
- Spacey craft and playdough
- Altern8 themed giant colouring-in mural
- Toddler and baby chillout areas with tents, tunnels and mats
- Licensed bar
- Spacey fancy dress is optional but encouraged!
Please email Sophie at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
- COVID cancellation protection- if for any reason we need to cancel the event due to COVID you will be offered a full refund or transfer to the next event
- Toilets and nappy changing facilities- A changing table will be available.
- Prams/buggies/general kid stuff – There is limited storage space available, please leave prams behind if possible. Valuables (including kids) are the parent’s responsibility. Buggies will not be allowed on the dance floor. Slings are encouraged and cool!
- All ages are very welcome, but activities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
- There is a no refund policy. If well in advance of a sold out event please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try sell on to anyone on the waiting list.
- Adults remain responsible for their children at all times
- Adult-only groups are not admitted. A max of 3 children per adult in a family.
- If attending as a large party please ensure one adult to two children minimum. We will refuse entry to groups where there is inadequate supervision. If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email email@example.com for pre-approval before buying tickets
- Each group member must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed).
- The event will be busy. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together. For indoor events, low lighting/club lighting rigs (no strobes) are used
- Music-level is set and monitored throughout to abide by WHO guidelines. This is far lower than usual club levels but given the number of children attending there is a constant level of background noise during the event.
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance
- Please be aware that BFLF is designed to provide a family-friendly, authentic club experience and is not a traditional children’s party or disco. There will be no kid’s music, games, or DJ shoutouts. The effect is to give families unity on the dancefloor – dancing together
- We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF promotion purposes
- DJs will be announced in advance of each party via Twitter and Facebook but may be subject to unavoidable change.