BIRMINGHAM Big Fish Little Fish Halloween Family Rave – DJ JOE HUNT
Uhhhh hello!?! DJ Joe Hunt is in the building to give you a big dose of nostalgia-inducing speed garage and bassline tunes from your younger-years at Birmingham’s biggest Halloween family event.
Spooktacular fun continues on the second floor where DJ Finchy will be on the decks with Ibiza house!
Expect an authentic, fa-boo-lous nightclub experience with light effects – at a noise level suitable for little ears.
‘Reliably excellent’ – The Guardian
“Worth having kids for” – BFLF First Timer
2014 – 2019 Best Family Event – National Family Arts Festival Awards
All ages are very welcome, but activities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind.
There will be…..
- Multi-sensory dancefloor filled with confetti cannons, bubbles, snow, balloons and our fab parachute dance finale.
- Craft tables with themed crafts
- Large colouring-in mural
- Playdough table
- Toddler and baby chillout areas
- Licensed bar
- Fancy dress is optional but encouraged!
- Please email Sophie at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
- COVID – if for any reason we need to cancel the event due to COVID you will be offered a full refund or transfer to the next event
- Stairs – the soft play area and 2nd dancefloor are on the second floor but main DJ, playdoh table and crafts are on the ground floor. Please note there are a few steps leading up to the main floor.
- Toilets and nappy changing facilities- Loos at Nightingales are shared between ladies and gents, making family loo breaks super easy. A changing table will be available.
- Prams/buggies/general kid stuff – There is limited storage space available, please leave prams behind if possible. Valuables (including kids) are the parent’s responsibility. Buggies will not be allowed on the dance floor. Slings are encouraged and cool!
- All ages are very welcome, but activities are designed with 0-8 years olds in mind. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
- What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event? Trains- Birmingham New Street and Moor Street stations are a short walk away and there are plenty of bus stops nearby. There are also several paid-for car parks available.
- What’s the refund policy? There is a no refund policy. If you are unable to attend you may sell your tickets to someone else. If well in advance of a sold-out event please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try and match you with someone on the waiting list.
- Adults remain responsible for their children at all times
- Adult only groups are not admitted. A max of 3 children per adult in a family.
- If attending as a large party please ensure one adult to two children minimum. We will refuse entry to groups where there is inadequate supervision. If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email email@example.com for pre-approval before buying tickets
- Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed). It will cost more on the door (if tickets are available)
- The event will be busy. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together. For indoor events low lighting/club lighting rigs (no strobes) are used
- Music level is set and monitored throughout to abide by WHO guidelines. This is far lower than usual clubs levels but given the number of children attending there is a constant level of background noise during the event.
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance
- Please be aware that BFLF is designed to provide a family friendly, authentic club experience and is not a traditional children’s party or disco. There will be no kid’s music, games, or DJ shout outs. The effect is to give families unity on the dancefloor – dancing together
- We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF promotion purposes
- DJs will be announced in advance of each party via Twitter and Facebook but may be subject to unavoidable change.